Inspirations from St John the Divine cathedral in New York where I 'secretly' stayed in the basement during summer 1976, accompanied by a rescued dove with a broken wing. I lived in the Earth Society's large room and could only go out at night … so I learned to play the grand harmonium, or practiced circular breathing on soprano saxophone under the crypt (large echo!!). I was staying overnight in the basement and was therefore not supposed to be seen during the day. After two months incognito I finally could go out during the day ... I fed squirrels in the garden… even met Bishop Moore … he was very kind and knew about me but could not officially acknowledge it…
- BRAND NEW:
- Sarasvati Planet Ariel
- Astral Cathedral
- Kula Blackhole
- Never Mind
- Dream Stars
- Rainbow Remix
- Ascend Descend
- Au Mage Manege
- 1978 Delirium GRM
- Planet Air
- Space Shift
- Music Pour le Reve et l'Amour
- Meditation in the Forest
- Galactica Electronica
- Lazy Lizard
- Osmose 2
- Chillout India
- Spirit Dancer
- My Sax, my Love
- Flowing Dreams
- Flute for the Soul
- Endless Breath
- Open Like a Flute, Vol 1+2
- Yo Yo A New Man
- Yo Yo Homme Nouveau
- Chansons d'Esprit
- Le Temps des Moissons
- "We Know Each Other Somehow" by Ariel Kalma & Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe - 2xLPs, CD + DVD
- => Reviews & Interviews
from the 70s/80s
- An Evolutionary Music
- Musique Pour Le Reve Et L'Amour
- Open Like a Flute
- Le Temps Des Moissons
- French Archives 1977-80 (4LP box)
Ariel Kalma is the kind of musician that collectors live their lives to find at the bottom of a dollar record bin, and the kind who fellow musicians hope to become. He is a composer who worked on the periphery of a fringe movement, whose early adherents have recently seen an explosion in popularity...- Vivian Hua, redefinemag.com
Use the controls on the left to listen to each track or to all of them continuously.
Click buy to buy the album or any track(s) in 320k MP3, FLAC, or just about any other format you could possibly desire. This will include the artwork booklet (cover art) in PDF!
Available only as Download.
(1) Force et Courage, 7:11 – Composed for rebirthing sessions in Margot Anand’s workshops. Recorded at the GRM, Paris, circa 1980 with a modified Yamaha PS30, Synare Analog Drum, Wasp synth and effects.
(2) Slow Trancing, 2:33, - Calling the muse. Recorded in Montparnasse, Paris, circa 1979.
(3) Out of Breath, 7:51 – Another part composed for rebirthing sessions in Margot Anand’s workshops. Recorded at the GRM, Paris, circa 1980 with a modified Yamaha PS30, vocal loops, Synare Analog Drum, Wasp synth, variable speed control Studer, and (lots of) effects.
(1) Ajna Vision, 8:29 - An Indian pedal harmonium meets a VCS 3 matrix synthesiser and an EMS Pitch to Voltage convertor, for serious fun! Recorded in Montparnasse, Paris, circa 1976.
(2) Saint Julien Harmo Flute, 4:02 – Calling the muse and playing a high pitched flute with natural echoes. Recorded on a circa 1978 at Chapelle de Vauguillain, St Julien Du Sault, France.
(3) Planet Air Variation, 6:57 – Another variation on ‘Planet Air’ (see ‘Planet Air Full Version’, or edited version on Osmose). Recorded in Montparnasse, Paris, circa 1980 with a modified Yamaha PS30 and Wasp synth.
Note: some of the tracks are also presented on the ‘Never Mind’ album
Remastered with the technical knowledge of Kamal Engel @ Art of Audio, Byron Bay.
Ariel Kalma: all instruments, cover art, remastering.
Background photo of space courtesy of NASA Spitzer telescope
© ℗ 2017 – All rights reserved Ariel Kalma ♪ ♥ ♫